- Thanks to the epidemic called iPhone, car makers are now rushing to replace analog dials and controls of their car models with superior touch-screen display boards. Every other hybrid vehicle or electric car unveiled these days are equipped with this technology feature.
- Cars and vehicles are now more intelligent than ever. Universal vehicle network that could range from the simple instant traffic advisories and collision alerts to the state-of-the-art digital chaining system, has finally come of age. Now, one can easily hit the highways without worrying a bit about the network conditions out there.
- Lithium battery technology is just waiting to take off. Once car makers from around the world starts using it in a full-fledged manner for building their cars, it will make a big impact.
- Use of Bioplastics is increasing. Accordingly, auto manufacturers are upgrading their car technologies to make proper use of this environment-friendly material.
- Research is going on to find out alternatives to corn-based ethanol and other household products to produce a much more affordable and smarter fuel to power the engines of tomorrow.
Other advancements in car technology include Global Positioning System or GPS technology empowered dual-screen navigation screens and in-dash Internet screens.